- FOURPLANS: TOP-SELLING DESIGNS BY FRANK BETZ May 26, 2017
These popular house plans win over buyers with open layouts and classic exteriors.
- Cost of Building Materials is on the Rise May 16, 2017
Prices of softwood lumber, gypsum, ready-mix concrete and OSB all rose for the second consecutive month, according to the latest Producer Price Index (PPI) released on April 13 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Softwood lumber and OSB experienced the largest price increases.
- Top 3 Things Second-Wave Baby Boomers Look for in a Home January 18, 2017
According to data from the U.S Census bureau, there are approximately 76.4 million baby boomers living in the United States today. Contrary to what many think, there are very different segments within this generation, and one piece that sets them apart are their housing needs.
- Housing Outlook 2017: Eight Predictions From The Experts January 06, 2017
In so many ways 2016 was an unprecedented, volatile and, for some...
- 10 Real Estate Trends to Watch in 2017 December 01, 2016
Nearly a decade after the real estate crisis set off wild swings in the housing market, most markets finally stabilized last year. The election of Donald Trump has brought uncertainty into the industry, however. While the President-elect built his empire on real estate, he has said relatively little about what policy changes he might make regarding housing. That’s not too unusual, since when the housing market is doing well it is generally not a campaign issue.
Here’s what the experts we spoke with expect to see in 2017
- Here are the top 5 trends in real estate over the past 35 years October 21, 2016
A look back at real estate from Realtors
- America’s New Small Towns: Housing Developments That Recreate Village Life September 15, 2016
With quaint shops, wraparound porches and pedestrian-friendly streets, these new communities appeal to homebuyers' desires for a strong sence of place
- Seven Current Design Trends That Will Date Your Kitchen The Most September 15, 2016
What does the typical 2016 kitchen look like? Which trends will date and which will stand the test of time? We consulted the experts to ensure your next kitchen is as stylish and timeless as it can be…
- New Custom Homes May 16, 2016
We are currently building custom homes in Springfield, Larne Glen, Fewell Park area of Rock Hill and River Oaks Road near Lake Wylie. Let us build your custom home on your lot, or we can help you find a lot.
- Outdoor Living Spaces and Smart Home Technology Top AIA Home Trends Survey | Builder Magazine | Design, Products, Energy-Efficient Design, Outdoor Rooms, Design and Trends, home energy management systems, smart home September 25, 2015
The second quarter of 2015 emphasizes increased popularity of technological systems and the recovery of special function rooms.
- Smart homes catch on, especially among millennials September 06, 2015
The smart home is here to stay. A survey of U.S. adults by Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC, the original Silicon Valley real estate start-up founded in 1906, and CNET, the world's largest and most trusted online source of consumer technology news and reviews, found that Americans are already embracing the smart home with 28 percent owning at least one smart-home product and almost half of millennials (ages 18 to 34) adopting the technology.
- Natural Amenities Top Homebuyers’ List of Favorites September 02, 2015
Being outside doesn’t just mean backyard pools and patios anymore. With the growing focus on health and wellness, today’s homebuyers are drawn to living healthier and nature-based amenities are at the top of their list. While the increased health benefits are important, it’s decreasing cost to manage and operate that makes natural settings more than just a pretty place.
- Top 10 Trends from the 2015 Houzz and Home Report July 31, 2015
Wray Ward vice president Leslie Gillock breaks down the top 10 trends from the 2015 Houzz & Home Report, which surveys 260,000 Houzz.com users annually to determine the most prominent trends in building and design, as well as collect demographic data.
- Urban Meets Suburban in Millennials' Home Buying Preferences May 29, 2015
Customization reigns in a new survey that shows a unique set of real estate priorities for millennial home buyers
- Loans for Building a Dream Home March 16, 2015
Designing a new home from scratch has appeal. The trick is how to pay for it.
- New Home Sales at Highest Pace Since June 2008 February 04, 2015
Pent-up demand should keep momentum moving forward in 2015.
- 5 Housing Market Predictions for 2015 January 08, 2015
realtor.com: "It’s a new year—and the outlook on the housing market is definitely brighter. After all, 2014 was the best year in the U.S. economic recovery since the recession of 2008-2009." ...
- Popular Design Features in New Homes July 07, 2014
Improved accessibility, outdoor living spaces, green, energy efficient products like appliances and heating and cooling systems are in high demand today.
- Falling in love with a house February 11, 2014
"Last year the home was a vision. Today it's a reality thanks to you."
"Most any contractor can build a house, but Waddell built us a home. We love our new home."
"It is obvious that Waddell Custom Homes sets a standard that few builders are able to achieve today."
"We are so proud of our new home and how it has turned out. We could not be more pleased!"